Professor – Structural Geology and Isotope Geology
I specialize in Laser Ablation ICP-MS applications, with special emphasis in isotopes and trace element geochemistry applied to metamorphic, igneous and hydrothermal systems.
Recent efforts have been directed at developing reference materials for Laser Ablation ICP-MS analyses either for U-Pb isotopes (xenotime, apatite, zircon and monazites) or B (tourmalines) and Trace elements such as metallic minerals.
Other research interests revolve around the evolution of the continental crust and complementary depleted mantle from the beginnings of the Earth through to the present day. I am also investigating the evolution of intracratonic basins using accessory minerals to provenance ice coverage. In addition, I have projects investigating the tectonics of different terrains in South America and Africa.
- 2010-Now: Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto, Brazil
- 2006-2010: Research Officer, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- 2003-2006: Research Officer, Leverhulme Foundation, Imperial College London
- 2000-2003: PhD research, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- 1994-1999: Degree in Geology, Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto, Brazil